So I've joined TeamBeachBody.com and have gotten some advice about the lack of weight loss. Don't worry- Team BeachBody is not some sort of crazy Team Anorexic psycho cult... They are the makers of P90x, Insanity, etc. In summary, this was the advice I got from some of the "coaches:"
1) Don't eat too FEW calories. Try for 1500-1800 as opposed to my current 1200
2) Use MyFitnessPal app to track food for awhile so I can see how many calories I am really eating- it will automatically count calories and also calculate ratios...
3) Speaking of ratios, I should be having 50/30/20 protein/carbs/fat. Myfitnesspal calculates this automatically... And I was shocked to see how it worked out today. I have not eaten one single grain today, and my ratio is currently 20/50/30 protein/carbs/fat. It's all backwards! It's just crazy to see how many hidden carbs are in things like fruit, yogurt, & beans. The thing is... I'm not eating THAT many carbs... a total of 140g for the day which is nothing... for example one slice of bread has 25-30g. It's just that I'm NOT actually eating that much protein or protein rich foods. I definitely need to make protein more of my caloric intake while I'm continuing with this workout.
Breakfast
-Fage 0% w/ honey
-Chai Latte (K-cup)
Snack
-Coffee with french vanilla coffeemate
Lunch
-Homemade chicken soup
-Mixed Salad w/ crumbled goat cheese
Snack
-Coconut Creme Pie LARABAR soooo good
Snack
-Turkey pepperoni, baby carrots, lentil chips, & hummus
Dinner
-Homemade chicken soup w/ brown rice
I am just coming around to the idea of a regular workout routine, I feel nowhere near ready to commit to tracking my food intake. Did you have this problem? How did you overcome it????
ReplyDeleteAt first I didn't track my food (except on the blog) but after 2 weeks, I felt like I should have been losing more weight so I wanted to try out tracking and see if I stayed under 1700 it would make a difference. There's like this crazy formula that Insanity takes you through to calculate your caloric intake for weight loss. I could send it to you if you want!
Deleteyeah i'd like to see it - can you send? :)
ReplyDelete