Saturday
Breakfast
-Egg whites, turkey and swiss on a whole wheat wrap
-Iced coffee with milk
Lunch
-Grilled chicken with arugula pesto, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella (from Healthalicious)
-Side salad with apple cider vinaigrette
Snack
-Smoothie (blueberries, banana, strawberries & nonfat frozen yogurt)
After my lunch and snack I had some major stomach issues... it was definitely not fun and had to take some pills just to be able to go out :(
Dinner
-I went out and my stomach was feeling better. Dinner was sort of a hodgepodge of things... nothing healthy really, but, I just picked at everyone else's dishes so I didn't feel too bad. We went to Cienfuego and Death & Co in the East Village... same owner, one is a speakeasy and the other a Latin American styled tapas place. They are both known for amazing cocktails and creative "gourmet" small dishes. We shared:
-Albondigas (chicken meatballs in a spicy sauce with tostones)
-Crispy pork belly with kale
-Lobster roll sliders with brown butter mayonnaise
I also had some great cocktails.
![]() |
| Lighting at Cienfuego |
![]() |
| My first drink - some sort of concoction of rum, ginger, lemon, lime and bitters |
![]() |
| Second drink... another rum base with mint, lime, and bitters floating on top |
![]() |
| crispy pork belly w/ kale at Death & Co |
Saturday was "Pure Cardio" for Insanity. Marvin did it with me! I was really embarrassed at first but then I realized we both looked pretty ridiculous sweating and jumping around in my living room. This was our first time working out together and it was great. I also measured my waist, hips, thighs and arms.. I'm not really losing weight but the Insanity guide says you may gain weight the first week or 2 due to muscle gain. Looking forward to tracking!
Sunday
Brunch
-2 Eggs over medium, bacon, WW toast, hashbrowns (I wound up not eating the eggs because they were too runny and only half the hashbrowns)
Dinner (Marvin cooked for me!)
-Shake n Bake pork loin
-Salad
Today was Day 6 of Insanity! Repeat of Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Definitely the hardest one, and it was TOUGH after a night of drinking. But I did it and feel so good.




No comments:
Post a Comment