Unfortunately, I rarely find any positive news regarding migraine. In fact, what I did find was an updated Fox New article published 1/16/13. The article discussed research that came out last year, linking migraine with aura to heart attacks & strokes. This was the part that scared me the most:
"After high blood pressure, migraine with aura was the second strongest single contributor to risk of heart attacks and strokes," said study author Dr. Tobias Kurth, of INSERM, the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, and Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. "It came ahead of diabetes, current smoking, obesity, and family history of early heart disease."
This makes me feel like, as always, I have no control about what happens to my body or what will happen. There was, however, one small shining light at the end of the article:
"Women with migraines plus aura can reduce their risk by not smoking, keeping their blood pressure, maintaining a healthy weight and exercising."
This scares me but makes me even more motivated to get healthier. I had a really long talk with my mom last night and I think it helped me a) feel more relaxed and b) have a very healthy day! I even went on my elliptical for 20 min :D
Breakfast
-nonfat plain chobani yogurt with kashi granola and honey
Lunch
-kale "stir-fry" aka ground turkey breast, kale and kidney beans
Snacks
-green apple
-dark chocolate with sea salt
-raspberries
-celery with fat free ranch

Dinner
-whole wheat spaghetti with some of kale stir-fry and yellow roasted peppers

Successes:
-This morning at work, someone made brownies. She passed them around the table.... They were STILL warm. I took a small piece of one that someone had broken in half. I just tasted it and I was fine
-Today at work, lunch was on the house. Now it is extremely difficult for me to resist free food! Especially these cute little lunch boxes- include a wrap, cookie, chips and a snapple. I grabbed an apple from a box and went back up to eat my lunch
-after lunch, I had some time, so I walked to my favorite store in Brooklyn: Mr. Melon, to get some cheap organic produce. I also picked up some dark chocolate and some all natural pop corn
-When I got home, I changed and jumped on my mini elliptical. The best part about having a home machine is I literally do not worry how I look one bit. Also have complete access to my tv and dvr. I literally elliptical'ed in a sports bra and leggings while watching Glee.



Love the new layout/colors!
ReplyDeleteAnd great job!! Maybe I should get a little elliptical too. I'm proud of you for using it!
Thanks! I was experimenting with some new layouts :)
ReplyDeleteI used the elliptical again yesterday! Its pretty awesome being able to work out without leaving my house... but I thought I would use it way more. Still a great investment... was paying 60$ a month for the gym and bought this machine for 75$