Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saturday- And I think I'll stop counting now

"Day 28" just seems too boring for a title... so I think I'm going to be more creative about my titles from now on. Let's just assume I'm sticking to RealFood/Paleo/Primal eating 85% of the time.

Today was sort of a mortifying and kick-in-the-butt kind of day for me. I have been half dreading - half anticipating (in a good way) to get fitted for Bridesmaid dresses. I am so happy to be in Erin's wedding and love the special feeling of being a bridesmaid - but I am not in any way happy with my body right now and definitely don't love being the "biggest" girl to get fitted. 12 Days of Insanity just hasn't been enough to really change my body... so I was expecting the worse.

It wasn't as bad as I thought - and I didn't look as bad as I thought.... but compared to the other girls I felt HUGE... and I hated how the little Asian lady shouted out my measurements for all to hear. The worst part was when the lady came back and said: I found the size 4's and size 6's, but I can't seem to find any size 12's. I couldn't help but feel like my big size was holding up the entire order :-(

I know I'm not actually a size 12 (you need to order the size that fits your biggest measurement, which in my case, is my chest) but it still felt bad. In a way though, it was part confirmation and inspiration that I need to keep up with my intense workout and healthy eating. I do NOT want to feel that way at the wedding in October - or the other wedding I'm in in August. I want to feel confident and happy - so I can put all my energy into making the best wedding possible for my two amazing friends.

The problem is that I have not lost ONE SINGLE POUND since starting Insanity. Okay, that's not true, I might have lost 1-2 pounds... but I am addicted to weighing myself and my weight fluctuates by 3-4 lbs daily! I am feeling more "swollen" and bloated than ever - and its kind of a downer. I've read up on lots of Insanity blog and it seems like I'm not alone... lots of people experience little to no weight loss on Insanity, especially in the beginning. The "Beach Body Coaches" (blog regulators) say you are building muscles and also stressing muscles, so you may slightly gain wait due to excess muscle swelling or building. Also, the BBC's encourage us to measure success by taking weekly pictures and measuring inches. My next "picture" day is actually Tuesday... which is also the 15 Day Fit test. I'm anxious to see if my body has changed at all so I can feel like this is actually working.

In the end, I can't imagine that my body WON'T change from the way it is now. For the past year or so, I've paid little to no attention to my eating habits and have done ZERO amount of exercise. Now I am eating healthy and burning 500-700 calories a day... how can I not change?!?

On to the tracking:
I had to do Insanity in the morning today since I was going to be out all day. It's always been hard for me to workout in the morning because I feel like I'm sort of dragging. At the same time it was one of the first times I didn't feel nauseous - and I think that's because my stomach was nearly empty.

Breakfast
-New cereal (some sort of organic oat bran flakes) with Organic 1%

Lunch
-Smoothie (banana, strawberry, blueberry, almond milk and protein powder)

Snack
-LARABAR

Dinner 
-Not exactly dinner, but after getting fitted for dresses, we went back to one of the Bridesmaid's apartments and had a sampling of snacks from Trader Joe's. Here's what I picked on for "dinner:"
--Cheddar Cheese
--Salami
--Pita Chips
--Chipotle Hummus
--Stuffed Mushrooms
--Spanakopita
--Mini crabcakes

I also had a glass of champagne and a glass of red wine.

Bridesmaid dress in the wrong color - the color we're wearing is "Eggplant"


2 comments:

  1. I am in a wedding in November and have to get fitted in May or June and I am seriously dreading it. Mike and I started training for a 10K (May 19th) and we are actually sticking to our schedule so far but it's only been a week! Now I have you to use as inspiration...

    ReplyDelete