Breakfast
-2 eggs, 1 egg white omelet with wild mushrooms and goat cheese
-blackberries
-coffee with half & half
![]() |
| 1st [semi] successful homemade omelet! |
-Salad
-Whole Wheat roll
![]() |
| "Create your own salad" from Hot & Crusty with LOTS of goodies |
Dinner
-Chicken vegetable soup
Snacks
-Apple
-A few slices of turkey pepperoni
-One square of 85% Dark chocolate
-I spent ALL DAY cooking chicken soup... my goal was to really create an awesome broth by just reducing and adding spices and more chicken bones, etc. I am so happy with the outcome! The color is great and it looks just like a canned broth :D
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After! |
![]() |
| When I opened up my chocolate bar... |
![]() |
| I got this message - so cute! |
![]() |
| Like this - I cannot do these jumps for my life |
![]() |
| These I can do but I keep trying to hold myself up by putting my hands behind my back |
![]() |
| Not as easy as it looked. I nearly cried during these |
![]() |
| OK - look closely. This is what the INSANITY people look like at the end of the ab workout. Imagine me!?!?! |
My *perfected* homemade Chicken Soup (makes 6-8 servings)
-2 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin on)-1 tomato (cut in wedges)
-1 onion (peeled and cut in wedges)
-2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
-Approx 1/2 package of celery stalks (chopped)
-Seasonings to taste (this is what I use but I'm constantly changing!): salt, pepper, chili pepper flakes
Directions:
1) Fill a large pot with filtered cold tap water. Add tomato, onion, carrots & celery
2) Bring to a boil and boil vegetables for 10 minutes
3) Wash chicken breasts and season with poultry seasoning. Trim some skin/fat and discard. Leave the rest on
4) Add chicken breasts. Return to a boil then simmer 30-45 minutes.
5) Remove chicken breasts and let them cool. Shred meat off the bones. Add the meat and bones back into the soup. If broth has reduced significantly, add some more water.
6) Continue simmering soup for another 30-45 minutes or until reaches desired flavor.
7) Remove from heat and then remove chicken bones. If soup is too thick, remove some carrots & celery. The tomato and onion should have basically dissolved.
Optional:
8) In a separate pot, cook 1-2 servings of rice, pasta, or noodles (I use brown rice)
9) Once rice is cooked, add to soup as you eat it. If you put all the rice/pasta into the soup - it will absorb all the broth
10) Ladle into tupperware, cover, and save! I Even freeze a bunch if I have a lot.










No comments:
Post a Comment