Friday, February 22, 2013

26- National Margarita Day

Happy National Margarita day! I will not be having any margaritas today, unfortunately, but here's an ode to some of my favorite NYC margs:


Best all around: Fresh lime margaritas from Barriochino
(back left - also shown: fresh grapefruit, strawberry vanilla, & raspberry paloma)

Most unique flavor - Watermelon Basil with chili salt from Cascabel Taqueria

Best bang for your buck: Frozen (or on the rocks) lime margaritas from Blockheads ($3 all day!)



Anyway, and on to healthy eating:

Breakfast
-mixed cereal Kashi and Raisin Brain w/ 1% organic

Lunch
-"Cream" of cauliflower and broccoli soup (it's actually vegan: broccoli, cauliflower, tofu [who knew!] and spices)
-turkey pepperoni
-lentil chips
-cracked chili pepper hummus


Dinner
-Lamb burger from Burger Bistro w/ WW bun, lettuce, tomato, and caramelized onions

Snacks
-apple
-light Gouda cheese
-carrots and hummus

Cheats
-I went to hangout at my friends tonight and her boyfriend made me 2 bourbon cocktails

Today was a lazy, lazy day... Which is good because its officially my last day of winter break ::sniffle:: I woke up around 8 (can't sleep later due to CONSTANT drilling outside), made some coffee on my French press and settled in to play some Plants vs Zombies :P It usually costs a whopping $7.99 but was free today only! I'm already addicted.

I did get some other stuff done besides game playing and coffee drinking:
-Paid outstanding medical bills
-Called loan company and found out some good news
-Completed passport renewal form (still have to print and mail)
-Finally shopped at the organic store "A Matter of Health"on the corner (not impressed)
-Went food shopping and got chicken soup ingredients
-Did some work for classes next week



Treats bought at "A Matter of Health" - LARABARS were 5 for $5! Cheapeat I've sean around.

No comments:

Post a Comment