Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 24

Breakfast
-Kashi cereal w/ organic 1%

Lunch
-Mixed salad (lettuce carrots black olives light feta garbanzo beans) with pulled rotisserie chicken

Dinner
-Oysters
-French onion soup

Snacks
-truffle Parmesan popcorn that came free with the oysters

Cheats (I'm starting this new section to force myself to write in when I stray from the real food diet!)
-about 3 slices of white bread (came with the soup)
-2 glasses of Cava
-oatmeal and chocolate chip cookie (free during happy hour!)

The free stuff kills me. I totally would not have eaten the popcorn, cookies, or bread had I not gotten it complimentary. I was also kind of annoyed in general because I really didn't even want to go outta begin with. Not only did I stray from "real food" due to Happy Hour amazingness, but I also had my first experience with rotten oysters :-( After squeezing some lemon and a few drops of Tabasco, I popped In my 12th or so oyster and was overcome by a fishy, sour, pungent, taste.

I was so shocked that i gagged and swallowed a piece of it before spitting out the rest. The smell was so overwhelming that we had to ask the waiter to take away the napkin with the discarded oyster. I am so paranoid about food and germs in general, so I insisted we smell all the remaining oysters and we found 3 more rancid ones!!! We told the waiter and the manager came over and removed the oysters from our bill.

WELL, this was a sad, sad experience for me because I'm the kind of person who will never eat oysters again. I love oysters and the whole experience of eating them, but after looking up the various (and some lethal) diseases contracted from eating bad raw oysters... I'm a little bit terrified. Plus- I have been going to this place for years - it is a fancy seafood/steakhouse, and never once got a bad oyster. Just goes to show that you never know.

Obviously I freaked out and googled "I just ate a bad oyster how to prevent food poisoning" which led me to half run half walk to the health food store directly from the bar. I picked up some grape seed extract pills and ginger tea.... Also chugged a glass of organic apple cider vinegar when I got home. Gross. But eased my mind while I waited out the night.

So far I'm feeling fine, but mentally not sure ill be eating raw oysters again... Unless of course I Get them myself and check every single one. Very very sad :(

Today was Day 9 of Insanity - Pure cardio. Hard to believe I've actually committed and stuck to this insane (no pun intended) for nine days in a row! I'm proud :) I like pure cardio because its short - only 35 min including a warm up and cool down but it's crazy crazy cardio.



No comments:

Post a Comment