The weekend just flies by. I wish I could make it longer. I'm not really in a writing mood because I've just been writing lesson plans for the last hour, so I'll start with food and see where it takes me. I don't track my food on myfitnesspal on the weekends so I'll give a general overview.
Friday
Breakfast-Fage 0% w/ Honey
-Banana
-Coffee
Lunch
-Salad with Boars Head Chipotle Chicken breast
Snacks
-Iced coffee
-Grapes
-Pretzels
When I got home from work on Friday I was feeling soooo nauseous and I was supposed to go to this wine tasting event with some friends. I skipped Insanity and nibbled on some pretzels while sipping ginger ale. I forced myself to go out, only to find that the wine event was cancelled. We wound up going out for dinner and drinks instead, and after an hour so I started feeling better. Sooo to end,
Dinner
-2 glasses of wine (red/white)
-Seared salmon over polenta in a fig, olive, apple sauce. Sounds weird but it was insanely good.
Saturday
Saturday was a strange day because we went to LI to visit my grandma in the hospital and help Marvin's mom clean up the house in preparation for starting chemotherapy. It was fun and nice to hangout with our families, but clearly bittersweet because of the reason we went there to begin with. I somehow managed to do Insanity in the morning before we left... but it was miserable. I decided I just can't do Insanity on an empty stomach when I'm still sleepy. Sucked.Breakfast
-Egg white, turkey, and swiss in a whole wheat wrap
-Ice Coffee
Snack
-Red grapes
-Peanuts
-Beef Jerky
Dinner was strange because Marvin's sisters made bakes, macaroni pie, and some sort of salmon covered in a mustard butter sauce. It looked and smelled amazing (I love love love bakes, especially, see pic below) but I really wanted to try to eat healthy. I convinced Marvin to take me to the diner and sort of used the excuse that I was really hungry and wanted dinner now (his sisters were still cooking and it wasn't going to be ready for an hour or so). In the end, the diner food sucked and I wished I would have ate the home-cooked food. I need to find a way to still be able to eat food that I don't cook/order myself, and still be healthy. Tiny portions perhaps?
![]() |
| Bakes - I don't really know how to explain them but they are like these amazing little circles of heavy, hearty, bread - popular in Caribbean cooking |
-Mediterranean Salad w/ grilled chicken (but I picked all the chicken off, I don't know why I continue to order grilled chicken at restaurants when it continually sceeves me out.)
-Guinness (Happy St. Patty's)
Sunday
Today so far I have literally done nothing. We woke up, got breakfast, and I went back to sleep until 3:30!!! I am about to do Insanity and then we are going to cook some sort of healthy dinner tonight.In other news, Lesley and I have been emailing, texting, and chatting a lot about eating and working out and I love it! (Hi Lesley <3) I love having a friend who really understands my fears, frustrations, and goals with health and diet, and its great to just talk no nonsense with her. I hope we keep up the communication.
Also.... Marvin and I booked a trip to Grenada!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to spend TEN DAYS seeing where he grew up, staying in house, and letting him take me all around the island. I wish we were going tomorrow and not in July :)
Here are some of Marvin's pictures from Grenada when he went in 2007
![]() |
| Grand Anse Beach |
![]() |
| Snorkling at BBC beach |
![]() |
| The Carinage in St George's |




i am unbelievably jealous about the trip to grenada - and what a wonderful motivator that will be too!!!! i wish i had something like that to look forward to!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletecommunicating with you is really helping me too - let's keep it up!!!! xxxooo
So exciting about Grenada!!!
ReplyDeleteYou did great this weekend..I sucked. St Pattys weekend + visiting friends did not equal a healthy few days...