Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday Baby

I was born on a Tuesday. And March is my birth month! That's about the only clever thing I think of as I continue to brainstorm new post titles.

So... in continuation from my last post, I DID get up and do Insanity. It wasn't too bad, but I sweat like crazy. I still can't do some of the moves correctly and its a little bit annoying. I really hope my flexibility improves. The good thing is...

I can do a push-up! I didn't even notice when it happened but I can now do real push-ups... and a lot of them!

I went from this:

To this:


 But unfortunately I still feel like this:

After Insanity, I rewarded myself with a tasty little protein shake. I'm getting more use out of my magic bullet than I have in years.


I got to watch The Biggest Loser last night... it was makeover episode. I literally cried the entire episode. I watched these people getting "dressed up" by Tim Gunn, their faces literally in awe as they looked at themselves in the mirror. I mean, these contestants have lost between 70 and 100 pounds... but almost all of them said something like "this is the moment I've been waiting for." While it might sound superficial, or crazy, (out of ALL the benefits of weight loss the thing you anticipate the most is trying on new clothes???) BUT, I completely understand. Honestly, when I am basically crying through workouts.... wanting so bad to stop (and/or puke), I imagine ONE thing over and over again. I imagine being able to put on anything in my closet. I imagine buying clothes I actually like. I imagine being able to easily zip up my skinny jeans and feel good in them all day and night. A lot of this has to do not only with the way I look in my clothes, but way I feel in them as well.

I got the most emotional with Danni (Biggest Loser contestant). She weighs WAY more than me but still kind of reminds me of myself... and she short of has the same body type. Just watching her journey has both scared me (I never want to get that big) and inspired me (if she can do I can do it.)

Danni - Before (258 lbs)
::tear::
Last night's episode (174)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so behind on the biggest loser!! I had to skip the end of this post so I don't ruin anything :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I didn't give anything away really! You should watch it though. I feel like thats what started me wanting to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete