Monday, March 11, 2013

Is it Monday already?


Why does the weekend go so fast?? I feel like I was just thanking god its Friday and now its already Monday. And this Monday was especially depressing because:

I need to stop weighing myself.

I weighed myself Saturday afternoon and was elated to see a number that reflected a total of 7 pounds lost. I was so excited that I was on a high all day. This morning, when I weighed myself, according to the scale I've gained 3 pounds... from Saturday afternoon! How that would even be humanly possible I do not know, but the point is, I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. Is this whole thing pointless? Should I just eat whatever I want? Should I do a different workout program? Questioning everything like a fool. What it comes down to, is that I need to stop weighing myself every day. My weight fluctuates SO much daily. I'm guessing this is due to salt intake (I'm addicted to salty foods), stomach problems (I don't really feel like going into that much detail, we can all just reread my initial "on pain" posts), and other hidden factors that I can't figure out. In addition, I know I'm building muscle like crazy (I can see it), so if the "muscle weighs more than fat" rule is true, then that would also attribute to the fluctuation. I need to weigh myself like, once a week.



The other Monday downer, related to this, is that I woke up still feeling good about my 7 pounds, and pulled out a pair of work pants from the back of the drawer (I've been avoiding them because they are way too tight). I convinced myself that they felt looser and wore them all day, only to feel dreadfully uncomfortable by 4:00. I probably should give myself like a marker of 10 pounds before I start putting back on the smaller clothing.

Anyway, eating-wise, today was easy because I'm back to the work routine.

Breakfast
-Fage 0%
-2 coffees

Lunch
-Salad w/ fat free feta
-Turkey Pepperoni
-Carrots
-Cracked chili pepper hummus (my fav)

Snack
-Nature Valley protein bar
New bars - love em


Dinner (on the menu)
-Homemade lentil soup
-Carrots & hummus

Tonight is my faaaavorite TV night because its The Bachelor (finale) and The Biggest Loser! I doubt I'll stay awake past 9:30 but at least I'll get to see most of one show.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely stop weighing yourself. It's SO not worth it. My weight fluctuates all the time too and I barely weigh myself anymore. I think weighing yourself is good just to keep yourself in check when you're maintaining, but it's definitely not worth ruining a good day or good feeling over. Why don't you try weighing in twice a week for now?

    ReplyDelete