Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday morning

I just realized I never posted my last post! It's been sitting in draft all these days. And I'm already behind. Lets go day by day...

Thurs
I woke up with a migraine today around 4:30 :-( It wasn't so bad so I took a bunch of medicine and tried to force myself to go back to sleep. I didn't, but slowly it started to subside, so sucked it up and went to work. I didn't do insanity though. It was the first day I had to skip. I was too scared because any sort of exertion makes the headache come back.

Breakfast
-3 hard boiled eggs w/o yolks
-Turkey pepperoni

Lunch
-Tuna with avocado (instead of mayo-it was awesome!)
-Turkey pepperoni

Snack
-Celery w/ hummus

Dinner (went out)
-Pan seared pork chop with mango chutney [pictured]
-Mixed veggies
-Glass of red wine

Snack
-Nonfat Vanilla froyo with mangoes


Friday
Breakfast
-Fage plain 0% with honey and blackberries

Snack
-Raw chopped walnuts
-Red grapes

Lunch
-Turkey, swiss, lettuce & tomato in a whole wheat wrap
-Red Grapes

Snack
-Cliff builder bar (smores)

Dinner
-Mixed salad (spinach, carrots, cucumbers, red/green peppers, green olives, crumbled goat cheese, croutons)

I've been sort of addicted to ordering "create your own salad" from seamless for dinner. I just love the convenience of being able to choose lots of different veggies and a protein without the mess or effort of chopping, mixing, etc :)

I was back to Insanity today (2 videos!). I tried having a whey protein shake (1 scoop of protein powder mixed with water) after the workout... but it was GROSS. I added ice and raspberries and blended it but it was still gross. I've had protein shakes before but always mixed with a ton of fruit... so I think if I'm going to try these recovery shakes as part of my regimen I need to find a way to make a low calorie smoothie to hide the flavor. I spent like 30 minutes at vitamin shoppe talking to the people about which protein to buy.... I went with whey - supposedly its really good for women and builds lean muscle as opposed to helping you bulk up. You are supposed to drink it within 20 minutes of a workout and it helps with soreness.





No comments:

Post a Comment