Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pizza Fail

Ahh! Today was really the first time in a month or so that I completely let food win. Since its Wednesday, my work provided lunch for us, and today pizza was on the menu. I tried to save myself by ordering a nice big Greek salad with some beef barley soup. I planned to eat it before the pizza even arrived, so that I wouldn't even want it. Fail.

The salad was just okay, and the soup was terrible. I took one bite and chucked it. Still, I was full from the salad. However, about 2 hours later, I walked into the resource room to literally see every inch of the tables covered with pizza boxes. I couldn't help myself and took a peek in some of the boxes. What made it worse is that the pizza was from "Leancrust Pizza" a Brooklyn pizza spot known for having a healthier style of pizza. The point is, I didn't need that slice of artichoke pizza. I wasn't hungry AT ALL. I just wanted to eat it! Plus, again, it was free. And we all know how I can't resist free stuff.

On top of pizza Wednesday, an all staff email was sent about "Snacks Thursday." Looks like I'll have some more resisting to do tomorrow.... But happy to have some healthy choices.

I really loved Core Cardio and Balance today.... It was hard but good. It was sort of like doing the hardest moves in slow motion. And according to Shaun T, the purpose of Recovery Week is to get your heart rate going, build muscle and flexibility, but not burn out. Sounds good to me because usually I want to die after normal workouts.

Breakfast
-Fage 0% with honey
-Coffee

Lunch
-Greek salad (lettuce, olives, tomato, cucumbers, grape leave, feta)
-gluten free Artichoke pizza

Snack
-clementine
-protein bar (I found a new one! Sort of tasted like a rice crispy treat and it the healthiest bar I've found so far!)


Dinner (Healthalicious takeout)
-Baked salmon w/ lemon caper sauce
-Green beans
-"almost rice" - I don't know what exactly it is, but its all vegetables and no carbs and tastes just like rice!

Snack
-clementine
-frozen blueberries










No comments:

Post a Comment