Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Ahead

One less hour of sleep but one more hour of light :-) Spring is in there.

I had a great day today. Marvin and I slept in super late - well, actually, I went back to sleep and he watched a movie. It was around 50 degrees today so we decided to take a long walk to The Container Store to make a return I have been putting off for 4 months. Luckily for me, The Container Store accepts returns all the way up to 1 year from purchase!

We walked 30 blocks there and back, and 3 avenues. In Manhattan 30 blocks is approximately 1 mile, an each Avenue stretches 3-5 blocks. So I would say we walked at least 2 miles! Also, we took turns carrying the heavy box I needed to return. I love walking around in the city, there are just some crazy ass people to be entertained by, and I fall in love with the city all over again when I can leisurely just look around at all the stores and restaurants. More importantly, I got to spend time with the person I love most in the world, and we had an amazing convo about... well, lets just leave it at "the future." <3

When we got home I forced myself to do Insanity. It was really hard because my legs felt like dead weight... I guess its not a good idea to walk 2 miles and then do Pure Cardio. I was also supposed to do Cardio Abs but I just couldn't, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Marvin & I were going to cook dinner together, but he fell asleep while I was in the shower so I surprised him and cooked everything myself. Overall, today was an "okay" eating day.

Breakfast
-2 bowls of Special K Blueberry with fresh blueberries

Snack
-Grande Iced Skim Caramel Macchiato

Post Workout
-Whey protein shake (Water, ice, banana, spinach, blueberries)

Dinner
-Homemade Chicken Parmesan (Perdue whole grain baked chicken, lowfat mozzarella cheese, homemade tomato sauce)
-Salad with lots of goodies
-Leftover brussel sprouts


Yum, nothing smells better than bubbling hot cheese out of the oven


My plate (Marvin had pasta)


Delish salad

1 comment:

  1. The future!?!

    That chicken looks so good! I think I'm going to copy you soon!

    ReplyDelete