Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TBL Reflection & Day 28!

I just spent the last two hours watching last night's Biggest Loser, and once again, I shed one too many tears. I think if anyone is going to watch just one episode of TBL, last night's was the one to watch. The trainers show each of the 5 finalists a video documenting their journey. And before starting the show, each contestant made a video where they talk to themselves. It just makes me so emotional to watch the stories of these people unfold on TV. I know its TV, but still, I can relate to some of their thoughts, feelings, and fears so much. It sounds ridiculous, because like I've said before, most of these people's goal weights are my current weight - and I still want to lose like 30 pounds! But really, when it comes to weight, it all comes down to how I feel on the inside. My weight effects how I feel when I lay in bed at night, when I get up in the morning, and when I just do everything I need to do throughout the day. I KNOW if I lose the weight I want I will feel like a completely different person.

Today I found myself a lot less hungry than normally. I'm not sure why. I could barely finish my lunch or dinner. In fact, I didn't finish either. Today was my Rest Day but I don't really think that would affect my appetite because I usually don't workout until the evening. Anyway, I'm not complaining. I hope this continues.

Today was Day 28 of Insanity. That's right, you heard me, I've officially finished Month #1!! I have a whole "Recovery Week" ahead of me where I do 6 days of "Core Cardio & Balance." I'm a little nervous about starting a new video but even more nervous about the new videos to come the week after. From what I heard and read Month #2 is way harder, and I just can't imagine it being any more difficult. Plus, I'm having some strange health issues that are unrelated to exercise but are interfering with being able to work my hardest during the workouts. I'm hoping the issues will subside during this Recovery Week.

Insanity 60 day calendar - there's me in the middle!


Breakfast
-Fage 0%
-Banana

Lunch
-"Goat Cheese & Avocado Salad" with grilled chicken (ordered)

Snack
-Clementine
-Turkey pepperoni
-Nature Valley protein bar

Dinner
-Homemade Lentil soup
-Glass and a half of wine :)

How good does that look?!? It actually wasn't that good. I only ate half and picked at the other half when I got home.


Lentil Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment