I must write an update about my amazing birthday dinner at Gramercy Tavern. Ever since I heard Tom Colicchio talk about GT on Top Chef, I have been dying to go there. Plus, I heard The Tavern Room (the bar area) offers a tasting menu for $48!
So here we go....
 |
| We started off with a fresh roasted oyster (on the house) with some house made ketchup and hot sauce. I've never had a "roasted" oyster before... it was delicious! |
 |
| I also got the beer pairing that came with the tasting. It was 5 tastings served in these cute little six-ounce glasses. In order we got a belgium ale, saison, pumpkin, ale and then 2 porters. Honestly I think we got an extra porter by accident but not complaining! |
 |
| Course #1 was my absolute favorite... | Shrimp & Mussels with | Carrots, Quinoa and Coconut Broth |
 |
| The second course was homemade chicken sausage with winter beans, butternut squash, and kale. The sausage was outrageously good, but the beans were a little too tough for my liking :( |
|
 |
| The main course was my second favorite: Grilled flatiron steak with fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, on some sort of polenta. The steak was cooked perfectly and the polenta was so creamy. There were also these thin little caramelized onions that I LOVED. |
 |
| The final course was chocolate layer cake with sour cream ice cream . Nothing special about the cake - but the ice cream was great! Sort of tasted like creamy vanilla yogurt. And of course, my little birthday surprise :) |
 |
Marvin's dessert was sooooo much tastier - cheesecake and mango sorbet. I honestly could have eaten like 20 of them.
 |
| Our second Porter :) |
|
 |
| Unrelated to dinner but related to my birthday, I got this precious flower delivery today at work from the one and only Lesley! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment