Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting Back on Track

Yesterday was my first day back on Insanity after skipping Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Yikes :-( Prior to that, I was already skipping around so I'm feeling pretty terrible about it. I decided to backtrack a week and pretend as if I'm in the last week of Month 1. This way, I can start back up again with the "easier" workouts and slowly transition my way into the Max workouts. Yesterday was in no way easy. I did my favorite workout from Month 1, Plyometric Cardio Circuit and I had to take a ton of breaks. The thing I love about the Month 1 workouts is that they are 45 minutes or less, including a warm-up and cool-down so the intensity only lasts for 20 minutes or so. The Max workouts are just brutal, going non-stop for 60 minutes.

After a week of birthday drinks, dinners, and Easter feasts, I was terrified to weigh myself today. I avoided the scale this morning but just forced myself to step on. I am sooo relieved to report that there is no change in my weight from a week ago. In fact, considering I am weighing myself in the evening, after a full day of eating, there might even be a slight loss. Either way, I feel I can breathe a sigh of relief. Here are some updates about my life for the past few days:

This is actually my only picture from my birthday dinner Friday night at Calle Ocho! The cute little domino dulce de leche cake I got for dessert. I had the most amazing braised pork shank for dinner (I barely put a dent in it), and had the best time with about 15 friends and family that joined.
The "afterparty" at The Gaf. Sandwiched between two of my favorite people :)


One of my new favorite pics of us <3 And I love how my shirt looks! I got that shirt from H&M for $9.99.... was so on the fence about it, so happy I wore it!

Coloring eggs - one for my baby of course :P


Since most of the family spent the day at the hospital, we were in charge of cooking Easter Dinner! Browning some of "grandma's meatballs" in pan. Props to Julie for organizing everything. I'm so proud of her :*


Look at those cuties rolling meatballs


Another cutie


Even Tom pitched in! Furiously whisking his vanilla pudding pie


Some of the final result
The cake Tricia made for me! Homemade funfetti cake with homemade funfetti frosting :D:D


And, the current eyesore in my apartment. All of these clothes are CLEAN. I just can't make myself put them away. Oh well, further validates that random chair purchase two years ago.




2 comments:

  1. those pics are all sooo cute and i have the exact same eyesore in my house right now, but at least the clothes are clean! :) i think it's a great idea to rewind on insanity a little bit to get back in the groove - do the things you know you can and you'll start to feel better about approaching month 2's activities. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I re-did a whole week of Month 1. Yesterday I "started" Month 2 again and it wasnt so bad!

      Delete