Monday, April 29, 2013

Untitled

This weekend was sort of a wash. Especially considering the way I felt on Saturday. I vow to make this week a near perfect week.

It all started off on Thursday when I had to leave work around 11 due to a killer headache. I'm not sure if it was a migraine but it began as soon as I woke up. 4 Aleve and 4 hours later it was still pounding. I spent the afternoon and night sleeping and recovering.

Friday I planned to workout after work, but it was one of the first beautiful days so far this Spring. Instead, Marvin and I snagged some outdoor seats at Blockheads for some margaritas and burritos. I was able to limit myself to two drinks (one marg and one beer), and only half a burrito. I also ordered my burrito with brown rice and a whole wheat wrap to make it slightly more healthy.

Saturday I also planned to workout, and I did, but had to stop about 3/4 of the way through because I felt SO nauseous. Marvin says I always complain about feeling nauseous during the workouts (it is a common feeling I have) but this time it was BAD. Usually I can push through it but not if I actually feel like I'm about to puke.

Saturday night we went to a friend's for dinner. I managed to stay away from the tortilla chips, crackers, fried chicken, and rice. I stuck to healthy options like raw veggies, hummus, pork, and salad. But I somehow still squeezed in about 40 pieces of cheese, 3 cookies, and 2 glasses of wine. Oops :-(

I also felt fat the entire time I was at my friend's. I didn't particularly like what I was wearing (even though it was just jeans and black sweater) and I felt so bloated that my pants were squeezing me the whole time. I HATE feeling that way. I'm sure I don't actually look any different than I normally do, but I feel different and it matters. I just want to get to a place where I don't feel like that anymore, ever again.

Sunday I also planned to workout, but Marvin and I were soooo lazy. We spend the morning/afternoon lounging in the yard talking and playing games. Then we moved onto the couch. We did squeeze out about a mile walk though, so I felt slightly better. I also cooked some chicken and broccoli for the week. I wound up feeling nauseous AGAIN so I skipped dinner. Around 10pm I felt better and had a rice cake with peanut better.

This nausea better stop! There is absolutely no reason for it except for the possibility that it is yet another PMS - well really DMS (during) side effect that my body has picked up. As I get older, I seem to develop more and more.

Today I have a yelp event so I know I'll be straying somewhat from the healthy plan... but I am FORCING myself to do Insanity before I go. This will make for a super rushed evening (get home around 5, workout, shower, dress, and take the train all the way back down to the financial district by 7) but I know it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment