I hate Mondays. It was sooooo hard for me to get out of bed!!! To make things worse, I parked my car two avenues away so Marvin and I had a long, cold, walk before we could get in. And we woke up too late to get coffee :-(
But - Mondays mean I get to watch:
1) Worst Cooks in America (DVR'd from Sunday night)
2) The Bachelor (8-10pm on Mondays)
3) The Biggest Loser (8-10pm on Mondays)
I usually opt to watch The Bachelor because I'm more excited about it, and then start some of Biggest Loser if I can stay awake. Unfortunately, Monday kicked my butt bigtime yesterday and I fell asleep around 9, missing both shows.
Overall it was a good eating and exercise day... but Insanity was really hard and I felt really nauseous afterwards. Hopefully today will be better.
Breakfast
-Fage NF plain with honey & fresh blackberries
-Coffee with FV Coffeemate
Lunch
-Mixed Salad with chicken breast (cold cuts)
Snack
-Carrot cake Larabar
-Peanuts
-Protein shake (protein powder, water, ice, 1/2 banana)
Dinner
-Mixed Salad with Perdue whole grain baked chicken
Snack
-Turkey pepperoni
-Watermelon
-Dark chocolate
Now it's actually Tuesday. I'm sitting on my couch staring at the 6x6 foot space where I do Insanity trying to motivate myself. The past few workouts have been a true test to my commitment to getting healthier. After the migraine last Thursday morning, I was scared to workout Thursday night. Friday I still had the feeling I'd bring the migraine back, so I feel like the workout was half-hearted. Saturday was Cardio Recovery (the easiest one) and I still had to drag myself through it. Sunday I skipped again because I got too drunk at brunch!
Yesterday was really hard, I actually had chest pains (nothing to worry about) but like the kind you get when you just can't get enough oxygen. Its amazing how one break in the schedule can leave me struggling like this. I would imagine that more "in shape" people don't suffer so much from skipping a workout. Even more motivation to keep it up (I guess?) Where's Shaun T when you need him.
Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment