Its teacher appreciation week, and my school is extending the "holiday" for the rest of the year. One if the things they are doing is providing us with lunch or breakfast every Wednesday for the rest of the year! Awesome.... EXCEPT that means guaranteed unhealthy food. Today, I managed to bypass all the scones, muffins, croissants and cookies and made myself a pretty healthy little plate. I did however have to stare at a (slowly disappearing) mound of treats for 3 hours during my break. I'm happy to say I did not take one bite!
And now, in honor of teacher appreciation, here some of my favorite "teacher jokes" courtesy of the Internet:
And some real life ones, courtesy of me:
Breakfast
-Scooped out 1/2 of a WW bagel with a smidge of lowfat cream cheese
-Mixed fruit
Avoided:
Lunch
-a random sampling of:
--carrots
--yorgo's organic sundries tomato hummus (one of my favs)
--chicken breast (deli meat)
--light string cheese
--2 hard boiled eggs no yolk
Snack
-Supreme Protein wafer crunch bar (they were on sale at CVS, but it was actually pretty good)
-Banana
Dinner
-Turkey burger w/ melted Parmesan cheese
-steamed broccoli... With some more cheese
-pickles
-baby carrots
I'll probably have some other snack tonight. I was supposed to do two Insanity videos tonight but I only did one.... I felt nauseous again and couldn't imagine doing another one!!! I don't know what the deal is with me feeling nauseous. I make sure to eat like an hour before... So I'm not too full and not too hungry. And I try to drink a lot throughout the day but I still get soooo dehydrated during the workouts. I guess in time, it will improve.
I just have to update with my snack! It was so delicious I know it's going to be one of my staples. Haagen Das Vanilla Raspberry Swirl Sorbet w/ a dash of peanut butter and some bananas. Yum! I even served it to myself in a measuring cup so I would not eat anymore than 1/2 cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment