I woke up feeling bloated with a stomach ache so I put on this loose fitting sweater dress with leggings and boots. The outfit sort of the reserve effect and made me feel huge all day.
Also, today I was HUNGRY. I seriously became hungry on my way to school. AND I got a latte from Starbucks before I left, which I never do anymore. When I got to school, I ate my yogurt immediately. So a yogurt and a latte before 7am. Ugh.
Around 10 I was hungry again, so I had some fat free cottage cheese with cantaloupe. Then of course, by 12 I was starving, and I nearly scarfed down my salad and clementine. Some days I just feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit.
I had a protein bar around 1:30, and then another snack at 4pm (these rice chip things). Of course I was ravenous after Insanity and quickly put together a salad with cut up pieces of turkey burger. What do you know but I was hungry again around 8:00, and had some frozen blueberries and turkey pepperoni (this is when I noticed the blueberries were kind of like tiny plums.)
All this eating and I still managed to stay under 1700 calories (barely) but I feel like a pig. What's going on with me??
To make matters worse, today was my 3rd Fit Test. I was horrified to find that I hardly improved at all, in fact I did worse on some moves (see pic below). I'm not sure if I'm just doing the moves correctly now, so they're harder, or if I'm just really sluggish today. Probably from all that food :-(
As I sat on the couch, I allowed myself to think about the fact that I've lost like 3 pounds even though I've been working my ass off, and I became pretty depressed. But, after googling "not losing weight on Insanity" I found that a ton of people struggle with the same issue. I found one post, and a reply, on a message board that really inspired me and made me feel better. Here's what it said:
sarah11083:
Hey everyone..I am a little discouraged because I am in week 5 of Insanity and have not even seen one pound of weight loss. Was wondering if anyone had any motivation or advice for me. I am so frustrated because if I am gonna work this hard, I want to see some results. help!
Hi, there....as I will be finished with Insanity this Saturday, I had to comment.
First...Insanity, like P90X is designed to have you peak with ur results in the latter part of the program. That's what happened to me.
The workouts pick up SIGNIFICANTLY in Month 2 - in both time and intensity. U will see what I mean. I attribute most of my results to the 2nd month. The kicker - U can't get to Month 2 without doing Month 1 first!
A few things to consider:
1. Weight isn't everything. Is ur body composition changing? Things 'shifting' around? I didn't drop much weight in Month 1, but my midsection was flatter, tighter and stronger. Which means I look better. By the middle of month 2, my shoulders rounded out, were more defined and I definitely had more muscle in my back.
2. Make sure ur eating right. If you are not taking in enough calories, U will not drop the weight. AND...the closer U are to goal, the more critical ur diet is (no sugar or refined carbs).
3. DON'T do doubles or overdo it with Insanity. U could burn out. And the more activity U do, the more U have to eat.
4. The extra pounds could be water (try to curb ur sodium intake). Or muscle. That's why women need to IGNORE THE SCALE.
Stick with it!!
So like these lovely ladies I am about to start Month 2 of Insanity tomorrow. It's been a peaceful little Recovery week, but as scared as I am for the next 4 weeks I am also excited and hopeful.
Good night!

i'm sorry you had a rough day girlie but i think you're being WAY too hard on yourself. there is nothing wrong with eating small meals like that throughout the day! everything you ate was healthy and you still stayed within your calorie goal, so why should that make you feel any differently than a day when you take all your calories at breakfast, lunch, and dinner? i am the poster child for having guilt about eating so i know it's easier said than done but you are taking such good care of yourself, it's silly to let something like this get in your way. you wrote the post last week about 'letting food win' and then talked about a piece of gluten free thin crust artichoke pizza, which is just about the healthiest pizza you could have had. would you have been this hard on yourself on a weekend day when you weren't tracking your calories so closely?
ReplyDeletei DEFINITELY have days where i think my stomach is a bottomless pit but you were just listening to your body - maybe you had worked out extra hard the night before and your body was telling you it needed a little more fuel to get you through the day - and you satisfied your hunger while still staying within the calorie goal. hunger is dangerous, and it can lead to making bad decisions, so it's much better to subside the hunger throughout the day with healthy snacks than to go crazy when you get home (which is what i tend to do).
about the weight loss thing, you know how i feel about this. put. your. scale. away. i think it would do you a LOT of good to weigh yourself less often and stop trying to tie your success to a number on a scale. i have seen the pictures of how you look after one month of insanity and you look f-ing GREAT. and anytime you need me to remind you of that, i gladly will. xxxooo
This was an amazing post. I'm going to re-read it at least 5 times today. Thank you :)
Delete<3
Delete