Monday, June 3, 2013

Hungover and LMC

Today, I am severely paying for Sunday Funday. Yesterday for some absurd reason I took my body on a 10-hour eating and drinking binge through Boozy brunch at Macondo, to cocktails, appetizers and more champagne at Chris Santos' Beauty and Essex, to cans of Tecate at Hotel Chantelle, to german beers and sausages at Lorely, finally, to pizza on my couch from Italian Village.

Currently, I am feeling every aspect of a hangover including but not limited to a killer headache that started around 2am. Despite some of my usual hangover cures (orange gatorade, diet pepsi, a turkey sandwich, coffee frappacino) I am still feeling terrible. At this point, a good night's sleep will most likely be the only cure.

On a more positive note, I am very excited to have received my brand new beachbody program in the mail today: Les July Mills Combat (affectionately known as LMC). After a ton of research I decided on LMC post Insanity due to the positive reviews, low cost (comparative to other programs), intensity level, and low maintenance (no weights or anything needed, just like Insanity). I also got an old dvd player from Marvin so I'm really excited to be able to watch the DVDs on my tv as opposed to propping my laptop on my bed.

I planned on "starting fresh" with LMC today and going all out for the next 60 days... really embracing the whole my body is a temple mantra by sticking to the 60 day fitness plan and sacrificing other body ruining pastimes. But I've encountered two problems. 1) The current physical and emotional state of my body: not good. There is no way I will be starting today. BUT - LMC comes with three different schedules, and the one I like the best incorporates two rest days. If I start tomorrow, my rest days will be every Friday and Monday, which are the days I hate working out the MOST so that works out well.

The second problem I've encountered is my Grenada trip occurring on July 8th. July 7th puts me at Day 38, nowhere near finishing the program. I didn't even realize how close my upcoming trip was, and unfortunately this prevents me from completing the 30 day program and "celebrating" in Grenada like I wanted to. I immediately felt myself thinking "maybe I should just wait until I come back" but really, I can't. I want to get in better shape NOW. If I stop on July 7th and pick back up again the 19th then I will finish the program on August 9th. This is AFTER the first wedding I'm on (8/1) and right before Erin's bachelorette (8/9). So what does this mean?

1) I have to go ahead with starting the program tomorrow anyway. I cannot skip ANY days until July 8th unless I'm sick.

2) I have to either follow the eating plan the program recommends or follow my own 1500 calorie 40/30/20 carb/protein/fat ratio diet. This INCLUDES weekends.

3) No alcohol unless absolutely dire. Dire circumstances include:

  • Some sort of open bar event
  • Another social event with groups of friends centered around drinking (brunch, happy hour, etc)
4) In the above dire circumstances I will only drink LIMITED servings of white wine, low cal beer, or some other grosser tasting low cal drink (vodka soda).

5) In the above mentioned "social events" I will ONLY choose smart eating choices. For these next 38 days, no splurging.

6) On the weekends, Marvin and I will NOT drink a bottle of wine for no reason. Marvin and I will either cook or order healthy takeout.

These things don't sound too hard but for me, they actually are really hard. I love summer in the city and I love, love, love being off of work and getting to take advantage of happy hours, outdoor drinking, picnics, trying new restaurants, etc. But I need to remember that this "strictness" is only temporary and will be well worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment