Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hump Day

After all my talk in the past two blogs, I didn't do Day 1 of LMC yesterday!!!!! But this time, I may actually have a valid reason. I got an email about an apartment late Monday night, and then yesterday morning the tenant emailed me asking to stop by at 4:30. So I met Marvin there straight from work... after spending an hour or so at the apartment we decided to walk around and explore the neighborhood, which eventually led to dinner and drinks. By the time we got back to the UES, it was 8:30, and we had to walk/run to H&M so Marvin could buy a shirt for work today! By the time we finally got back to my apartment and changed out of our work clothes, it was almost 10pm. There was no way I was doing any sort of workout.

Successes:
1 - We ate dinner at this little Cuban restaurant, and I got probably the healthiest thing on the menu: shrimp, avocado and mango salad. It was delicious but I really wanted some sort of taco with rice and beans!
2 - It happened to be happy hour, and the bar offered $4 mojitos and margaritas. I love both of those things but instead chose 2 Negra Modelos (170 cal each). Not good, but not terrible.
3 - We might have found an apartment!!!!
4 - Throughout the night, we probably walked at least 2 miles. I was wearing my work sandals and my feet were killing me by nighttime

Fails:
1 - Not starting LMC
2 - Not starting LMC on a Tuesday, which now messes up my schedule of having rest days on Friday & Monday. I really, really still want to have those rest days, so I might have to play with the schedule again... which sucks considering I didn't even start the program yet!
3 - I stayed up late and hardly slept, now I'm exhausted and already dreading working out tonight.

*possibly* my new apartment. I love the outside :)


No comments:

Post a Comment