Friday, June 7, 2013

LMC Day 1

I did it!

I planned to start on Wednesday, but the DVD player Marvin gave me didn't work :-( So instead of doing some other non-DVD needed workout, I wallowed on the couch and drank a glass of wine. So silly but that was the choice I made, and I'm sticking with it.

So last night I brought my laptop home from work so that I could use it to play the video. First I watched the  "Basics" DVD in which they go through the specifics of all the different moves that are needed for each workout. It was soooo boring and slow, about 45 minutes long. I felt like I was wasting time so I wound up just skipping the last 15 minutes.

The first video was called Combat 30. So far, I have mixed feelings:

Like
-The music, they do some remixes of popular dance/house songs and it works for me
-The instructors. I don't know why, but they just seem more "real" than the Insanity instructors. They dress less skimpy and their bodies are more "normal" looking. There's also one girl that does all the moves modified, which I really like because some I just can't do.
-The fact that there was no "on-the-floor" moves (like Level 1 drills) and minimal jumping.
-Stamina, I was able to go through the whole workout with stopping! LMC is definitely MUCH easier than Insanity stamina wise, but some of the moves are a little tricky, which I'll get to later.

Dislike/Unsure
-I don't really have a list, but most of the workout is circuits of punch/kick combinations. Some of them are pretty tricky and I felt like a klutz doing them. I wasn't even sure if they were actually working... There was this one jump-kick that I literally could not get, and finally when I did it I felt soooo good, I felt like a real ninja! Lol, not really, but it was satisfying and surprising to feel myself doing something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment