Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Woeful Wednesday

Let me just get right to it. I'm back to the weight that I was before I started Insanity.

Okay. Now that's it out of the way, I'll say why this is not a big deal.
1. I only lost a total of 5 pounds from doing Insanity. My body changed a lot, but my weight did not really. Still, 5 pounds is 5 pounds.
2. Diet-wise, I haven't actually been trying to lose weight. In fact, I would say that lately my food and alcohol intake is a little bit on overload. Nothing crazy, but definitely not "healthy."
3. Overall, I am still working out at least 5 days a week. I feel healthier in other ways, excluding weight loss.

It is a big deal because:
1. I worked crazy hard during Insanity and was so proud of my body changes and small weight loss. Its absurd how fast those pounds came back with just a slightly more relaxed attitude about exercise and eating.
2. Some of my pants were literally falling off a month or so ago and now they fit again. They are nowhere near tight, but the fact that they fit shows that I have actually put back on the pounds. There's no excuses or "my weight fluctuates so much every day." Its real that I have put back on some weight.
3. My first motivational event is coming... in 19 days: Grenada. 19 days is nowhere near enough time to get my body to where I want it to be.

Still, all that being said, 19 days is still 19 days. I HAVE to have more self-control during these next two and a half weeks. Friday is my last day of work, so I'll have a lot more time and flexibility with my schedule. I'm not exactly sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Breaks and vacations, for me, tend to lead to an increase in exercise but also an increase and alcohol and bad eating (from going out so much). I just really have to try so hard to make sacrifices these next two and half weeks, keeping in mind that I don't plan on doing any exercise or diet restriction in Grenada!

No comments:

Post a Comment