Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 6

Hold the congratulatory marks. This is Day 6 of NOT working out. Longest non-workout streak I've been on since February. How depressing. On the way home I developed a headache and a nasty attitude so I decided to go ahead and make it a full week of no exercising. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Hmph.

Let's review some happy notes before elaborating on the depressing. Here are some of the happenings of the long weekend, which, for all intensive purposes, started Thursday.

Thursday night I had a charity event at "The Griffin" - a pretty famous venue on Gansevoort St. The theme was Great Gatsby. My outfit wound up being pretty cute (everything discovered in my closet) and I felt surprisingly skinny all night, which was great.



Friday I was severely sleep deprived and hungover and forced myself to go into work, mostly because I didn't have my laptop with me to take home for the long weekend (not that I wound up doing work anyway). I struggled through the day surviving on Real Deal Veggie Chips (my new favorite snack, and the serving size is outrageously A HUNDRED CHIPS), ginger ale, and udon noodle soup. Needless to say I got in bed as soon as I got home and didn't get out until I got PIZZA delivered (yes, pizza, very unlike me) at 9pm.

Saturday Ava and I planned an "all day" marathon to do some fun stuff in the city. We wound up cutting it short due to rain and evening obligations, but all in all it was a fun-filled, calorie filled day.

We started with brunch at Kittichai - $25 for an entree plus unlimited lychee/blood orange mimosas (made with fresh puree). I got the curry spiced eggs benedict, despite my disgust for curry, and wound up getting a stomach ache. It looked pretty though and I cleaned out the curry with 5 mimosas


After brunch we went to (gush) Tiffany's and tried on some engagement rings. OK - so I'm not exactly trying to pick out my own ring behind my boyfriend's back BUT I've been asked what style I like, and i figured I'd try some on for more credibility. Tiffany's would be optional, of course ;-)

I thought I wanted a ring styled like the Tiffany Novo but wound up LOVING the Legacy. Now looking at it again it looks kind of weird, but on my short chubby fingers it looked much better than the Novo.

Novo
Legacy
After Tiffany's we went to Queen Jane Spa for a one hour massage. My massage HURT bad, which actually contributed to my non-work out the following day. I kept asking her to do it softer but she didn't listen and I was sore for 48 hours. The free time we got in the relaxation room and sauna though, was dreamy.

Sunday was a lazy day until heading out to Brass Monkey (second time to the meat packing district in one week) for some rooftop drinking. The weather was glorious and the Sam Summers were cold and delicious. Perfection.

Love this pic

Watching the sunset

I love this picture of them!
You can't see them but I loved my outfit on Sunday specifically because I got to wear my new boots again. I ordered these combat-style boots from Zappos last week and I am just loving them.


This is what I ate at The Brass Monkey - brisket sandwich. Good but... no good.

The sun setting

GIANT game of Connect 4. We played. Obviously.

What I didn't need were the 2 vodka sprites I got at Revel after drinking 4 beers. I was feeling it the next day (yesterday) and therefore, again, skipped a workout.

Yesterday was a lazy day out in the yard. We BBQ'd for dinner so overall, it was a pretty healthy day. We made some grilled corn to which I would categorize as pure heaven, and I cant believe I've never made it before.

Liz & Marvin's Grilled Corn
Ingredients:
-Yellow corn on the cob, husked and washed
-Olive oil
-Salt & Pepper
-Chili Powder
-Parmesan cheese (grated)

Directions:
-Put washed and husked corn in a large ziploc bag. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, shake up the bag.
-Put ears of corn on a hot grill - right on the grill.
-Turn corn frequently until kernels are charred throughout (about 10-15 min)
-Take corn off the grill, sprinkle with chili pepper and parmesan cheese
-Eat!!!

Now it's Tuesday and I'm killing my plans of "getting back into it" by laying on the couch. My long, rainy, traffic filled commute home put me in a terrible mood and gave me a killer headache. I don't want to do anything now except veg. It sucks how easily I can fall out of a healthy routine. You would think that if I'm messing up exercise wise, I'd at least keep eating clean. Nope, once one thing goes out the window everything else goes out the window too. Its incredibly important for me to stay on track in all 3 areas (exercising, eating, and sleeping) or I completely fall of the wagon.

I WILL exercise tomorrow if not for the simple fact to not have to watch myself contradict my own promises (in writing) yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment