Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 2

Today was a good day.

Woke up late and got breakfast at Gracie's. I stayed pretty healthy with a feta, spinach, egg white omelet with whole wheat toast, and I even substituted the home fries for tomatoes. 

After I took a little nap and read some more of my new book: The Selection. It's pretty much a mix of The Hunger Games and The Bachelor, which is perfect because I'm obsessed with both of those things.

This afternoon Marvin and I went to Brooklyn for his doctor's appointment. I grabbed and iced coffee and had a banana on the way back.

Insanity wasn't too bad today. I was actually chatting with Marvin during the 30 second breaks- which is strange because usually I'm laying on the floor in a puddle of sweat struggling to lift my water bottle to my lips. It made me think I wasn't working hard enough, so I pushed harder, and then I got a cramp :-(

Currently Marvin and I are making our special roti chicken recipe.... Except its not really a roti for me because I'm having it with couscous instead. Since we cook it for almost 2 hours, we had some snacks of baby carrots, guac, hummus, and lowfat havarti cheese. Also sipping on some Sauvignon blanc.

I'm almost halves through my spring break which makes me really sad. But it's been nice and relaxing so far. My favorite part was going to the Brooklyn Flea on Saturday (the smorgaburg location right on the water). There were a million things to eat drink and buy but I settled on two snacks which were gone by the evening!




The flea market, amazing view of manhattan across the east river


Kelly and me at the flea!




Tonight's finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment