Monday, May 6, 2013

Pledge

Basically I haven't been blogging for 3 reasons:

1) business (as in busy-ness)
2) laziness
3) avoidance

As strange as it sounds, I've been extra busy and extra lazy. When I do have a few minutes to "do nothing" I've literally wanted.. to do nothing. And that means not blogging.

I've also been going out a lot more. My BFF/ partner in crime is moving to CT in June :-( Because of this, we have been trying to make the most of every moment and try lots of new restaurants, bars, etc.

And now avoidance. I haven't been doing well. With every 3 instantly workouts I do, I skip 3. With every week of healthy eating, I bomb on the weekend. This has caused my body to stay the same and perhaps even gain back a pound or 2.. Or 3. Worst of all, I never even actually finished insanity as a program, and it sucks not making the goal.

So today I'm starting over for the second time. And I really want this to be the last time I start over. If I start today, Day 60 would be at June 17th. That is a safe amount of time before the events start coming up.... Grenada on July 8th, Bridesmaid on August 4th, Miami on August 9th.... Finishing the program by June 17th gives me a few weeks wiggle room to do some crazy dieting if needed. Not that I want to or expect to do this, but I can't redo Insanity too close to the events and then hate myself when I don't get good results.

Probably the biggest right now is Grenada. I am so so so excited to go and I don't want anything (like feeling self conscious) to ruin it. I know we are going to take a ton of pictures and I don't want to come home liking only 10 of hundred and cropping parts of my body out of them.

So part of my pledge in starting Insanity over is committing to follow the schedule exactly- except when I am sick or have a migraine. This might mean ONLY having one drink, or no drinks, just knowing that I have to workout the next day. This might mean missing or arriving late to Friday night happy hour, in the open spring air (my favorite thing to do in the city) just so that I can work out first. I have to do it though. It's only 60 days. Then I will have lots of room for partying and outdoor drinking in Grenada, Miami, and at the weddings, rehearsal dinners and bachelorettes this summer.

Maybe if I blog everyday - even like one sentence to say that I did it, it will help. I was doing a lot better eating and exercise wise when I was blogging daily. Maybe ill try again. So should I retire this Day 1 Version 3? :-)

2 comments:

  1. i love the new look! and i'm so happy you're "starting over" -- i actually had a start over day today that i'll blog about later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured new pledge new blog look :)

      Delete