Monday, June 3, 2013

Fitness is a battle. Welcome to the front line.

I wanted a fresh post to focus solely on my excitement for starting LMC.

So starting tomorrow, goodbye Shaun T. and hello Rachel and Dan. Before I move on from Insanity, I want to say a few things.


1) I really love Shaun T. He's cute, funny, and has a great body of course. I love how he pumped me up during the workouts but also took breaks, just like the rest of us. I'm sad to say goodbye to him for now.

2) Insanity rocks. I'm not knocking the program at all. It just that its designed to be done in a 60-day period, not stretched out over 4-5 months. The moves and the music have started to bore me (mentally, not physically). Also, with all the jumping and squatting, my knees started hurting.

3) I never finished Insanity completely. I completed approx 6 weeks before I started messing around with the schedule and skipping workouts. I know if I would have done the 60 days straight through, I would have gotten some real results. I am happy with my results because I think they match the effort I put in.

4) I'm glad I have the Insanity files forever, because I totally will go back to the program in the future.


Now...Why I'm excited about LMC:

1) Les Mills Combat is a martial-arts-based cardio workout. It incorporates self-defense moves over a range of practices like boxing, capoeira and Muay Thai. I like the idea that the moves I'll be doing are actually useful and real, as opposed to the ridiculous looking Insanity moves.

2) The music. I've read a lot of reviews that talk about the music being really dance/techno/upbeat. Some people hate it and others love it. That's the kind of music I listen to when working out so I'm really excited about it. The insanity music was kind of dull elevator music. Not upbeat at all.

3) I actually have the DVDs. Being able to watch the program on my tv gives me more space and better viewing options than propping up my laptop on my couch or bed.

4) Less jumping. Supposedly, LMC is a lot better on your joints and knees. I guess that's all subjective but we'll see.

5) Two rest days. LMC comes with three different 60-day schedules to choose from. They all have the same workouts but differ in degrees of intensity. I think the first one will be fine for me, and it incorporates two rest days as opposed to one. The 6 day schedule with Insanity was really hard for me to follow.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting! I used to love my kickboxing classes and this sounds similar. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete