Wow... it's crazy that this week I'll turn 30. I know age is only a number but really... its sort of not. My twenties have been so crazy - I mean, not really crazy, but my life is so different than it was, say, ten years ago when I still 19, approaching my twenties with awe. In my twenties, I...
-Broke up with my high school boyfriend of 6 years
-Lived in Spain for 4 months and traveled all over Europe
-Fell in love with my best friend again. Got my heart broken
-Graduated from BC
-Stared getting migraines
-Started getting stomach aches
-Got my first job at Hyde in the Bronx
-Got my first apartment on E 64th street with Sarah & Jackie
-Dated A LOT. Took NYC by the horns, partied like crazy all over the place
-Got my second apartment on E 85th street with Kelly
-Got my masters at Columbia
-Met MM. Dated for over two years
-Lost friends. Made new ones. Said goodbye. Went to bridal showers, bachelorettes, weddings, baby showers, birthday parties
-Got double laparoscopic surgery. Stopped getting stomach aches.
-Got my third apartment on E 81st street all by my lonesome!
-Stopped driving. Started again.
-Traveled like crazy aside from study abroad: Bahamas, Miami, Disney, Fort Lauderdale, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Greece, Iceland, Mexico... Grenada and more
-Met the love of my life <3
-Left Hyde. Started at AF
-Moved to BROOKLYN!
Uh. There's so much! I feel like I am missing out on huge chunks but how do you measure ten years? How about I just don't... especially since I've still got a few days left before the big 3-0. :-P
And I feel so lucky. So much fun I had! So many happy times. And for me, personally, I feel like the "best days of my life" are still to come. Yay :)
Back to the present time. Here's some of my life in pictures over the past few days.
One of the best dinners I cooked in a long time! Baked chicken breast, asparagus, no-lettuce salad, and some baked Oreda zesty fries (Marvin I recently discovered that we love these). I'm not thrilled with the preservatives but they are WAY healthier than regular fries and so easy to make.


One of my favorite lunches last week at work. Looks boring but I am LOVING these morningstar veggie burgers - they are simply filling or 3 WW+ points each and are helping me still eat protein despite my chicken enigma lately.

Friday night we went to our first Brooklyn Nets game. It was really fun but honestly, I'm just not that into basketball. Also I found the seats really tight and uncomfortable (meaning the people next to us were like on top of us). I wound up drinking way too much (we had some beers before and afterwards) and I literally felt hungover ALL of Saturday. Oops :-(
Today was a super productive day. We woke up early and went to the laundromat. While our laundry was washing, we walked to CVS, then to the farmers marker. I didn't get that much but I did sample and then buy this AMAZING ginger dressing. Tastes exactly like the kind you get on a salad in a Japanese restaurant.
We had a lovely little lunch with some of our purchases from the farmers market and Key Foods. Tonight we're watching 12 Years A Slave and I can't wait!!!!!!!!
Lastly... I'm really excited about this contest at http://danicasdaily.com/a-spring-cleaning-with-balance-bar-giveaway/comment-page-2 - click to enter!!




Great post :) It's hard to sum up 10 years in a few sentences, but you have such great memories and accomplishments....and of course, so much to look forward to! So glad I can spend your 30th with you, I love you!
ReplyDelete