Yesterday, the weather was lovely...and Marvin and I decided we were going to hit 10,000 steps no matter what!
Despite the 60 degree spring-like weather, we started off by walking to Burlington Coat Factory in search of a new winter coat. I'm returning my current one and need a new one. Well apparently its already bathing suit season because even the coat factory is completely out of winter coats.
I deepened my disappointment by stopping by Victoria's Secret to look for a new bra. I seriously don't like VS bras, but for some reason I continue to go in there and buy them. I just can't really fit into them properly and it made me feel fat.
We walked out way over to 67 Burger where I imagined eating a healthy-ish turkey burger and sweet potato fries. I surprised my self by ordering the Greek salad, which came with grilled chicken (I don't usually have great experiences ordering grilled chicken at restaurants). It was delicious - and huge. I ate it without dressing and could not even finish!
Next stop was Starbucks for a NF Iced Latte with caramel drizzle (stole this idea from Danica's Daily) - and then onto my favorite place to go on Saturday - The farmer's market at Grand Army plaza. I stole these two pictures below from yelp, but I just love how the market is squeezed between Grand Army plaza and Prospect Park. Great views and people watching while browsing the stands.


I wound up buying:
-Some "no spray" local apples (7-8 for $1.95)
-Whole grain local peasant bread (on sale for $3 because the market was close to closing)
-Local raw honey ($4.50)
-A large Crumb Bun from my favorite stand to bring to my mom's house tonight ($8.00)
On the way back, we stopped at Union Market for eggs, milk & yogurt (they sell cage-free local eggs, organic milk, and fage yogurt much cheaper than the grocery store). We wound up sampling (and then buying) some delicious balsamic crusted parmesan cheese - we decided to get some Baba Ganoush as well and just have some snacks for dinner. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but definitely not the worst.
That was pretty much it for our walking, so I was very excited when I checked my fitbit stats to see....
Woohoo! Its amazing how much I LOVE walking but hate any other form of exercise. Walking is just so pleasant and fun.
For dinner, we had the cheese, peasant bread and Baba Ganoush among some of my other favorite things: green grapes wrapped in prosciutto & hummus. Marvin also weirdly had some sauteed kielbasa sausage that he was craving and insisted on buying from Key Foods.
Yesterday, I noticed how great my plants are doing. One has completely bloomed these adorable tiny rose looking flowers. The other is growing a ridiculously long "arm" of leaves that I love!
I love writing on weekend mornings because the sun shines SO brightly through my living room windows. It's almost blinding when you enter the room, but I love just sitting in that spot right near the windows and having the sun shine on my feet. I <3 my apartment :)






No comments:
Post a Comment