I was so excited to learn that March began Weight Watchers Live Life Active campaign. Basically all of the meetings revolve around initiatives and incentives to be more active, which I can totally use.
On the other hand, I'm so happy I took Marvin with me to my meeting this week. He got a big shout-out for being a supporter (a little embarrassing) but overall, he was a much better meeting attendee than I am! I typically go through the motions of the meetings. I sit in the back, I play on my phone, I don't participate or contribute, but just listen to others. Marvin was so attentive, laughing at jokes, nodding his head, and encouraging me to raise my hand. He sort of changed the way I view the meetings. I think it also helped that I went to a later time. There was a different leader and about 10x the amount of people than the normal time I go.
The purpose of the meeting was to create "clubs" and then commit to activities together. I didn't join any groups... I'm a little bit anti-social... but Marvin and I did commit to taking 3 long walks and trying one yoga video before my next meeting. Sounds pretty simple... except for...
Being in Migraineland last night. Ugh. The migraine began at 1:30pm, and honestly, the intensity wasn't as bad as the length. It didn't start to subside AT ALL until about 8:30pm... and all during that time I literally could not lay down so I just had to sit there and DO NOTHING. I think I am going to download some audiobooks in preparation for the next time this happened.

When I rose from the dead at 8:30, we ordered Chinese food (I always want something salty and potentially greasy when recovering from a migraine. Its like being ridiculously hung over). I'm actually really happy because I ordered vegetarian mei fun and asked for "light oil." It was not greasy at all and tasted really delicious. Almost like steamed angel hair noodles with lots of delicious veggies. Looking something like this:
![]() |
| (not my pic, stolen from the internet) |
I'm really looking forward to relax and take a walk on this beautiful Saturday, and tonight we're heading to Sushi212 out in LI for a friend's birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment