Thursday, February 27, 2014

What's on the menu

I have nothing else to write about so I might as well just write about food! I'm going to try start using codes to help track myself (besides the WW tracker). SF means simply filling which means its "allowed." Everything else I will have to add towards my weekly point allowance

And OK. Fine. I'll say it. I haven't been to weight watchers since 2/5. That's really bad. I definitely have some sort of "excuse" for every week (well, last week I really did have an excuse) but now its getting out of control. I MUST go next Wednesday and face the scale no matter what!

Today's menu

Breakfast
-2 Egg "muffins" (Totally stole and then modified this recipe from Danica's Daily)  SF
-Banana SF

Snack
-Banana SF
-WW cheese twists (I got them as free sample, they were gross, not eating them again) 2pts

Lunch
-Whole wheat pasta w/ homemade tomato sauce SF
-Light string cheese (the WW one are the best out of all of them) SF
-Mixed greens with light italian dressing SF


Post lunch Snack
-Grapes SF
-Pita chips 3pts

Pre-din Snack
-Natures Valley sweet N salty bar 4pts
-Grapes SF


Dinner
-Whole wheat pasta with chicken chivalad (is that even a word??) SF + 5pts
-Mixed greens with light italian dressing SF

Post-Din snack
0% fage with honey and lowfat granola SF + 2pts

Not perfect but not terrible. This day would look great if I cut the pita chips &  granola, and had some sort of healthier chicken. Although ground meat is allowed on Simply Filling, but I'm sure it was not 100% chicken breast.

Egg "muffin" recipe

Ingredients (pretty much can be used with any amount of eggs or veggies, but this is what I used)
-6 eggs
-Chopped: zucchini, spinach, orange peppers
-Fat free feta (about a table spoon)
-Fat free half & half

Directions:
-Beat eggs. Add a splash of half & half
-Saute veggies until tender
-Wait a minute or so until veggies are not piping hot, mix into raw eggs.
-Stir in some feta, salt, and pepper
-Spray muffin tins with PAM
-Pour egg mixture into tins, this recipe makes 7 muffins
-Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment