Saturday, February 1, 2014

Homemade pizza!

Tonight was my first time making homemade pizza!!! It was so easy and sooooo good... I feel like I never want to get pizza delivery again!

I used a simple 100% whole wheat pizza recipe from Comfort Cooking. I used this flour because it was the only one with unbleached available at the grocery store. 


I just doubled the recipe so we could have some dough leftover to freeze. http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/05/100-whole-wheat-pizza-dough.html

Here's our journey in photos!

No mixer... So mixing the flour by hand. 

Marvin working it.

My first time kneading dough!

It was so fun :)

Before rising

After rising... Crazy!

First pie in the oven

Marvin's personal "deep dish"

First pie done! Homemade marinara, fresh tomatoes, part skim mozz, & Parmesan
And some fresh basil :)

2nd pie - same as above but with pepperoni

Cutting the first slice

And eating it!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great!! How long did you cook the pizza? And on what temp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 475 for 12-15 minutes... I think it could have been done in 10 but we like it a little crispier! And I just used a flat cookie baking pan I dont have a pizza stone or anything.

      Delete