Thursday, September 25, 2014

Happiness is...

When I was in my late teens/ early twenties I always used to make the same wish- on birthday candles, lucky pennies, eyelashes, dandelions. I always wished "to be happy in the future." 

How strange am I?! I made this wish seemingly despite the current satiation I was in... I just always hoped for "true happiness" one day.

Well... Am I here now? Is this it? What is happiness?

For me, happiness is comfort, safety, security. And at least once a day laughter. And the little things that when you count, add up to a lot of things.

Like..

Costco purchases that remind me of "shopping" in my garage. Now I have a 600 count bag of Dixie bathroom cups all to myself. 



Waking up at 6am to rain pouring down on fire escape, only to remember I have the day off today... And snuggling back in the covers for a few more hours of blissful sleep.



Coffee. With cream and one sugar in my favorite Brooklyn mug.



Being reminded by a very wise person to e n j o y every moment of wedding planning. I only get to do this once :-)



On that note, getting to see the suite I'll wake up in on my last morning as a Babyatzky, and go to sleep in as a Clement (!!!!!!).....


Booking our 10 day luxurious adventurous honeymoon in Costa Rica!!!!!! And...



(Most likely) finally booking our photographer. Crossing off that to do list!



Having a parent tell me I'm their kid's favorite teacher. The years go by but that happy feeling doesn't fade.

Cleaning my ring with compressed air and watching it sparkle :-)



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you buy those little cups! What do you use them for??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To rinse after brushing! Marvin thinks I'm crazy too.

      Delete