Sunday, September 28, 2014

Highlights of a 5-day weekend

I'm grateful for the perfect weather and LOTs of time I spent relaxing during this 5 day weekend. Here are some highlights:

Wednesday night: Obsessed over wedding planning (not really a highlight but I can't remember what else I did).
Thursday: Booked our photographer! Then ate chicken quesadillas from Mama's Taqueria
Friday: Starbucks with a coworker, bought new flats... Happy hour pumpkin beers and good conversation at 200 Fifth (which I am now, embarrassingly, the Dutchess of on Yelp). 200 Fifth is the best place for happy hour beers; all their drafts are half off and they literally have like revolving drafts. Also, they have huge windows/doors that they keep opening, making any bar seat a great spot to feel the breeze and people watch. 
Saturday: Long walk to Mr. Lime to buy some cheap fruits & veggies. Watched The Last 3 days on our couch with some cocktails. 

Our most common home cooked dinner lately: stirfry with chicken and veggies (using cotsco frozen boneless skinless tenders and frozen premium veggies)


It's perfect to bring for lunch with some cashews on top!


For some reason this giant spaghetti squash was on sale for $1.49 today. After roasting it and scraping it, we has it for dinner with some Parmesan cheese grated on top. YUM


I just finished reading The One and Only. It was okay. I'm not really into football so I skimmed a lot of pages. But I really loved the main character, Shea, and I love how the story ended. 

Now I'm onto Visitation Street. Another book that takes place in Brooklyn. Supposedly the style and plot is supposed to be a lot like Gone Girl. So far it's okay, I have been skimming pages... But trying to stick through it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment