Essentially our IDEAL package would be:
Photo:
- 2 photographers for 10 hours (ideally people who don't actually time it, and are okay with staying longer)
- Someone with 100% excellent reviews, someone who knows their stuff but is also willing to do whatever we want
- A mix of photojournalistic, traditional, vintage & creative style with an emphasis on natural light as opposed to flash
- Someone who uses smaller more modern cameras
- Someone willing to split time between bride & groom for getting ready time
- Online gallery available for viewing in 2-3 weeks
- 1000+ photos taken
- Complimentary engagement session (love to have)
Products
- A flash drive with all the unedited files + edited files
- A nice album or photo book, at least 10x10, 30-50 pages - for which we select the images
Video
- 1 Videographer who stays the whole time and uses a handheld digital video recorder
- Edited full length video (around 90 minutes, covers ceremony + important parts of the day)
- Edited cinematography "trailer" video w/ music (love to have)
Other
- Option of purchasing save the dates and/or thank you cards
If I could find this for $3500 or under I would literally sign a contract in seconds. Unfortunately, we have yet to find that exact "package" listed above... the packages that came close to what we wanted range from $4,500 - $10,000. No joke.
Anyway type that all out helped A LOT. Onwards.
Right now I'm reading "Resconstructing Amelia." I love it because it takes place in Park Slope. Its about a teenager who commits suicide. The book starts from the day of Amelia's death and then is written in three different points of view; Amelia's, in the few days before she dies. Amelia's mom, in the few days after Amelia dies. And then through a collection of technology snippets that Amelia's mom looks through to sort of figure out what happened (FB posts, text messages, emails, blogs post, etc). Its a pretty modern twist on a mystery and I'm actually loving it.
Today I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. I was so happy but felt a little bit embarrassed considering the social media mockery of white girls and their obsession with PSLs. :-/
Today is Brandon's (Marvin's nephew) 8th birthday party. Its crazy because it feels like just yesterday when we went to his 6th. Time flies
293 days until we say "I do" :D
Some pics from the week:
![]() |
| I read that bananas will live longer (not brown) if you put tin foil over the top. I honestly did not see any difference and we will still prob wind up wasting 2 of them :( |
![]() |
| Some yummy things from our weekly grocery store trip |
![]() |
| This adorable picture of Marvin with his parents that I just love!!! |





No comments:
Post a Comment