I have a stomach ache today. My stomach usually gets messed up after a bad migraine from all the medication and today is not a good stomach day.
Today I managed to get up, shower, prep food for tonight, drive into Manhattan, eat brunch with friends, drive back, all before 1:30pm. Amazing for me on a Saturday.
Ava is having a girl!!!!!
My old boots just zipped up very easily (sign of weight loss, a few weeks ago I could not get them zipped past mid calf).
My friend just emailed us saying that on Saturday 2/15 were getting a private tour of the White House west wing! Eeeek! I've never been there! (She works in the White House).
It's snowing again.
M told me this morning that everytime he wake up and sees me, he falls in love again. Melt <3
Lately, I am obsessed with this quote from Dead Poets Society. I put it on my bulletin board yesterday for our poetry unit. Then I came home and saw it on an apple commercial!
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?"
Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
Marvin is so cute :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome about your boots. I was able to get mine on a few weeks ago on my bare legs but I haven't tried them since...I might just do that later!