1) I moved! I am officially a Brooklyn girl and LOVING it :) We're still getting settled, but here are some quick apartment pics:
2) I got some sort of bacterial infection in my leg and was on hospital strength antibiotics for 4 weeks. I had 3 visits to the hospital including one day getting admitted, and 4 visits to the urgent care clinic. It SUCKED but I'm relieved to say that it is finally getting better.
3) I attended two weddings and was in one of them. They were completely different: Ava's at an art gallery in Brooklyn... Teresa's at a vineyard in Long Island... but both beautiful.
4) I lost my wallet and found it.
5) I went back to work.
6) I became very unhappy with the fact that I weigh the most I ever have in my life, and then I finally started working out again.
That's a good place to end the list. I started up Les Mills Combat on Monday, and successfully completed the week. I ate fairly healthy except for Thursday and Saturday. But it was worth it. Thursday, while Marvin and I were doing laundry, we found a cute little bar next door and got some $3 beers. Then we went across the street to ChipShop - supposedly bragging the best fish and chips in all of NYC. Of course I had to get the fish and chips, even though I generally don't eat fried food. Last night was Marvin's sister's birthday in Long Island and while I didn't go overboard, I had a few cocktails and a few too many chips with this amazing buffalo chicken dip.
I feel A LOT better that I started working out again this week - and I don't plan on stopping. Its been harder than I though to work out with Marvin here. He did it with me the first two days but then he really didn't want to do it the other days and I didn't want to make him feel guilty. The fact is, he doesn't need to lose weight as much as I do, and he does have more going on than I do. He's always doing grad school work in his free time so even 30 minutes spent working out makes him feel stressed. I love when he does it with me, but at the same time I like doing it on my own terms and not having to wait for him to get ready and get in the mood to work out.
So that's all! I hate trying to think of ways to end posts so I'm just going to end it. Bye.





yay! so glad to see you post again. love the apartment!!
ReplyDeleteit's tough to get someone to work out if they don't have the personal motivation/desire, hopefully he'll be inspired by you and want to join you on his own? that's been happening with me and tom recently!