Sunday, January 25, 2015

159 days!

For you, Jul, since you think I don't update it!
What will I title my posts once the wedding is over?? I think I'll probably have some sort of PWD (post wedding depression). What will I do with all my free brain time when there's no more wedding-related things to do? Ahhh!!


Looking over past posts I realized that most of them cover the same 3 topics:

1. What I've been cooking/eating lately.
2. What I've been doing lately (other than the norm)
3. What I've been reading lately.

So... here goes!

What I've been cooking/eating lately:


Baked my second to last TJ's baking mix. I can't even begin to describe how awesome it smells right now.


In the oven
Finished product
A close up of these babies
And on my plate. YUM. This was definitely the easiest mix (just add water and mix around with a fork) and SOOO tasy!

I guess this doesn't count as "what I've been eating/cooking" but, we love this beer and its only 15.99 for a 12-pack.
Blood oranges. YUM. I cannot get enough of these. I also squeeze the leftover into a glass with seltzer and ice.
This was new in the dairy aisle of Key Foods yesterday so we tried it, its actually really good!
It seems way better for us than even the organic half and half, so I'll probably start buying it more.
One of the best breakfasts I've made in a while... sauteed turkey bacon, onion, broccoli and peppers in a pan with a little bit of olive oil...
Poured about 6 beaten eggs on top of it....
Baked at 375 for around 15 minutes. I couldn't help myself and had to have a piece as soon as it came out!
Definitely one of the more indulgent meals I've eaten lately on Marvin's Bday: Rice & peas, stewed pork, stewed curry chicken, stewed chickpeas, roti, scalloped potatoes, macaroni pie, cornbread pie, green beans.... aaand missing from pic: carvel ice cream cake!
Another one of the more indulgent things I've eaten... breakfast at Perly's Jewish Deli in Richmond VA over Lesley's wedding weekend. This was actually Marvin's plate... Challah French toast with some sort of brown sugar, banana, pecan thing. It was absurd(ly good).

What I've been doing lately:


Lesley & Adam's wedding at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond Virginia
Last weekend we drove down Richmond for Lesley & Adam's wedding! It was an exhausting weekend but SO good to spend time with some of my BC favs. Here's Lesley  Kelly & I the night before the wedding at Penny Lane Pub.
Kelly, Lesley Alex & I at cocktail hour at the Jefferson Hotel
Pretty much the only pic of Marvin & I from the entire weekend!

Marvin's 31st Birthday

Here's an adorable pic of Marvin with his beer tasting at Dinosaur BBQ
And the AMAZING mud pie they brought over on the house!
The carvel cake I got for Marvin... we just ate the leftovers Friday night!
Marvin tickling one of his smallest (and cutest) nephews, Mathias.
What I've been reading lately:

This book is amazing but seriously is making me DEPRESSED! I honestly don't understand how Joan Didion keeps going on every day after all of the things that happened to her and her family. Despite that, this book has taught me more about grief and grieving than I ever knew.


No comments:

Post a Comment