Thursday, December 12, 2013

When all else fails, do something....

Hello! I have really been struggling with my hunger lately. I think its a combination of:
--increasing my "may cause weight gain" meds threefold
--going back and forth between eating healthy and binging for holidays, parties, etc.
The daily meds I take don't actually goes weight gain, but they increase your appetite and therefore I am hungry ALL THE TIME. I swear I feel like I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry, and feel hungry before AND after meals. 
Yesterday and today I somewhat found a solution. I came home from work (hungry) and began rummaging around in the fridge. But I then decided there was no way I could actually be hungry since I had just eaten a snack in the car ride home. So I did something else. First I picked up all our clothes of the bed/floor. Then I washed the dishes. Then I washed peeled and chopped a crapload of veggies. Then I decided to make chili. By the time I was done with everything, I actually was hungry and it actually was an appropriate time to eat. Sounds simple but sometimes I feel like there's nothing else to do... But eat. (Absurd)

And now... My life in photos over the past three weeks

Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. SO easy (boneless skinless chicken breast in a crockpot with a bottle of franks hot sauce). I sliced some carrots and celery and used lowfat ranch for the wraps. Yum! Marvin, of course, made a panini.

And speak of the devil, here he is hand whipping some skinny pumpkin cheesecake. Tasted sooooo good on the spoon but sadly, we did not get to eat any on thanksgiving. 



And here are my spin on skinny pumpkin cheese shooters. Very similar to the pie bit with some added cool whip and crushed chocolate graham crackers. 


I recently got to head back to my new favorite bar, Beauty Bar, with one of my newly married favorited couples.



Here you will see the easiest crockpot dish I ever made. Boneless skinless breasts with a bottle of salsa verde. That's it. I ate it over brown rice with some lowfat cheese and veggies. I love using my crockpot bc I can always get 4-6 meals out of it, at least. 



My work holiday party this year was at Brooklyn's Children's museum. I imagined that they rented a space or room for the party, but they literally rented out the whole museum!!! It was so cool, and the museum security was really lax and let us wander around and hangout in all the exhibits. Being a children's museum, most of the exhibits were interactive and some even had live animals! This was definitely the coolest most interesting party I've ever been to. One of the exhibits is called "world of Brooklyn" and it's a little mini replica of Brooklyn... Complete with a subway, bus, pizza shop, prospect park, barber shop, etc. it was so cute!



We nearly spent 100$ on a tree from the guys who sell them on the street.... But thank god we'd isn't becausew e got this beauty for $30 at Home Depot! I was amazed at how many trees they had... It was literally like a tree farm (except they were already chopped down).
We had a lovely time decorating and Marvin even put a little surprise gift in my stocking!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

This past weekend overall was very nice with lots of relaxing, Christmas decorating, and partying. Saturday night I went out for a birthday party. We were the oldest people there by 4-10 years and I definitely was reminded why I don't go out in the west village..... But we still had lots of fun.









1 comment:

  1. Yay! I totally do the same thing as you -- usually when I get "hungry" at a weird time I try to do anything else -- laundy, watch TV, get as far from the kitchen as possible. Totally works.

    Your party sounds so cool! We don't have a party, just a lunch :-/

    ReplyDelete