Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pumpkin Caramel Latte


Title = probably the best Bath & Body Works candle you'll ever smell in your life. Seriously.



Weight Watchers
I'm down 8.8 pounds!!!!!! I am SO proud of myself - I have not lost this much weight since my senior year of high school. It sounds like a lot to me, but I still can barely notice in my body. I haven't heard any "Have you lost weight?" yet. My clothes are still fitting pretty much the same, maybe a tad looser. This week I am REALLY nervous to get weighed because my Biggest Loser watching experience tells me that a big weight loss often is followed by a small to non-existing one. Last week I lost FOUR POUNDS... which sounds absurd to me... so I'm expecting very little this week. Plus, I bombed on the weekend again... eating pretty much whatever I wanted on Friday night and Saturday.

Cooking
I have been cooking up a storm. This is probably my biggest "weight loss secret." Its totally not a secret that cooking encourages healthier eating, but for me this is a big one. Ordering dinner or lunch guarantees that I'm either going to get something slightly more unhealthy than if I would have cooked it myself and/or eat slightly more than if I would have cooked myself. So here are some of the things I've been cooking:

Squash: In the past few weeks I've made spaghetti squash (straight up with homemade tomato sauce), butternut squash fries, and roasted butternut squash.
Baked chicken nuggets (Skinnytaste)
Chicken Shiitake Mushroom Soup (Skinnytaste)
Crockpot whole baked chicken and
Crockpot chicken broth







1 comment:

  1. So proud of you about the 8.8 lbs! I wouldn't listen too much to the Biggest Loser...these people exercise for 10 hours a day so they lose so much weight, then their body just has to take a break and catch up. Either way, try not to get discouraged if you have some slower weeks, it's a marathon not a sprint! :)

    ReplyDelete