Sunday, November 10, 2013

Beauty Bar

So I am at a total loss of 4.8 pounds since my 10/16 start date. I think this is excellent considering:
A) No exercise besides walking (not that I'm proud of that but I am impressed with my body's ability to lose weight without excercise).
B) "Flexible" weekends... meaning, I didn't really track points or stick to the diet during some special events over the past few weekends. 
---wknd 1 - Apple picking
---wknd 2 - Erin and robs wedding
---wknd 3 - Tricia's birthday party 
---wknd 4 - Dinner and drinks with friends 

I am excited to see if I can really keep this up!

I am obsessed with this coffee shop on the corner called Venticinique. They have an awesome pumpkin latte in which they put real pumpkin (well, from a can). I think this is genius and it tastes 100x better than Starbucks PSL.


I am LOVING fall in Park Slope. The leaves on the trees and ground are gorgeous, and the sunsets each night are breathtaking. This leaf got stuck to the bottom of my pants the other day and I just had to keep it :)

This is the view down the street outside one of my living room windows. Marvin and I love drinking our coffee and staring out the windows. I can't wait until he builds our little window seats. 




Cooking has been fun and we've still been using the crockpot nearly every day. Sometimes it's hard to "modify" meals so that they are healthy for both of us, but still filling for Marvin. He's an example of our 2 different versions of breakfast this Saturday morning.

Me: egg whites with veggies, a banana and clementine.


Marvin: eggs with cheese, toasted bread with olive oil, BBQ chicken (strange I know, but he likes having meat with his eggs!)


Last night Laura and I stumbled into an awesome bar down the block from my apartment: Beauty Bar. I thought it was so cute! Apparently there's a famous-ish one in manhattan but I had never heard of it. Basically the concept is beauty parlor turned bar. So the bar is full of vintage beauty parlor stuff.... Barber chairs, hair dryers, manicure tables and magazines, etc. the walls are also glittery and give the whole place a 70s feel. AND, I heard you can actually GET a manicure there earlier in the night. So cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment