WW Update
I went to my first weigh-in last week..... and I lost 3.2 pounds!!! I am SO proud of myself for sticking 5to the diet and actually losing weight. I'm actually shocked that I lost any weight without doing any exercise. Just goes to show that "diets" (while harboring a dark, cold, place in my heart) actually do work. And dare I say that Weight Watchers... isn't so bad?? I'm nervous about this week's weigh-in because 1) I have my period and I generally gain 3-5 pounds in water weight throughout the week. 2) I completely went off the diet on Friday & Saturday for Erin's wedding weekend. I guess I could have strayed off a little bit... less.. than I did. But it would have been really hard. My WW "success" has been really dependent on the unlimited fruits and veggies. This weekend, not only was I in a hotel but I was busy, busy, busy and just not able to have access to healthy foods. I did try... I brought a bag of apples and bananas but when it came down do it I just wanted to eat/drink whatever I want. And boy did I take advantage of that..
Cooking update
I used my crockpot AGAIN and made some amazingly delicious, healthy, BBQ chicken!!!
Recipe:
1 - Lay 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
2 - Cover with half bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's "sweet n spicy")
3 - Add approx 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
4 - Add about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
5 - Cook on high for 3 hours
6 - Take chicken out, shred off the bone, put chicken back in. Remove some of the liquid so its just covering the chicken. Add the rest of the BBQ sauce
7 - Add 1/2 apple, diced. Cook for 1 more hour on low



No comments:
Post a Comment