Louie Schwartzberg says:
"Beauty and seduction are nature's tool for survival because we protect what we fall in love with. It opens are hearts and makes us realize we are a part of nature, and we're not separate from it. When we see ourselves in nature it also connects us to everyone one of us, because its clear that its all connected in one."
Louie created a video about gratitude and its connection to happiness. His images of nature through the eyes of both a child and an elderly man just warms my heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ
I've been thinking a lot about gratitude, not because of nature, but because of Marvin. I read this quote the other day:
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
There have been countless moments in the past 11 months where I have found myself in a state of complete happiness. Almost immediately following this bliss - I feel an overwhelming panic of what would happen if it were to be taken away. I can't stop myself; one feeling always, eventually, leads to the other.
Marvin tells me this feeling is fear. And the only thing to replace the fear with is gratitude. Somehow I never thought about this before. Now, it is in each moment where I feel an undeniable sense of happiness, I am able to ultimately identify my true feelings: gratitude.
Long Beach sunset, third date with Marvin, December 2011
Marvin is right. I love this whole post!
ReplyDelete