Saturday, April 2, 2011

On pain and healing

I can't exactly pinpoint the last time in my life I didn't have pain. We're talking about physical pain here. And before I begin, I need to clear the air. To my knowledge I don't have any life threatening diseases. I'm in my late twenties and according to doctors, I'm in pretty good health. For that I am lucky and thankful. But I do have some physical ailments that have caused me excruciating pain for almost 10 years now. My personality, relationships, and life have been affected in multiple ways. And today I have decided I am going to write. About the pain.

And about the hope for healing I still hold on to. To have a wedding day where I don't have to worry about it being ruined by pain. To become pregnant without having to worry about dangerous interacting medications. To be a good mother who doesn't have to hide in dark quiet rooms overcome by pain. To continue to grow in my career and handle the demands of high stress job, without pain.

Maybe if I write, keep track of these days, moments with no pain... I can hold on to them. Precious nuggets of pleasure slipping through my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment